Monday 5 July 2010

A'kin Jojoba & Lavender Conditioner

As many of you already know, I am a My Pure blogger and because of this, I receive free products each month for review.

The first product this month is A'kin Jojoba & Lavender Conditioner.

  
The description on the label reads: "Certified organic lavender flower extract combined with cold pressed Australian jojoba provides light conditioning & natural lustre whilst improving the vigour of your hair and scalp.  Your hair will have body and be silky soft, shiny & manageable."
 
I have to admit, my expectations were pretty high after reading this and I couldn't wait to try it out!  Personally, I found the design of the bottle a little awkward....you have to squeeze it to get the conditioner to come out and I found this took quite a bit of effort.
As you can see from this pic theres only a very small hole for the conditioner to come out of, I found it much easier to remove the lid altoghether.....this is something which definately needs improving.
The conditioner itself is quite creamy but I did found that I needed to use quite a bit for all over coverage - my hair is below shoulder length and quite fine but I did seem to use more of this than my regular conditioner.
Sorry, but I also found the smell to be quite overpowering.  I do like alot of smell in the products I use, but this almost took my breath away....the lavender being the most overpowering.  However having said that, the smell did subside once dried and my hair smelled clean and fresh.
After use, my hair was reasonably free from tangles so it did it's job there, but it did seem to lack life and shine compared to normal. This could have been due to the fact that the conditioner is suitable for "Normal, Fine and Oily Hair" and although my hair is normal and fine, it is also very dry!!
Overall, it was nice to try this product, especially as it is 100% natural and it's vegan too, but it just wasn't for me and at a cost of £7.49 for a 225ml bottle, it's also a little out of my price range.
A'kin Jojoba & Lavender Conditioner is available from the My Pure website and the also have an offer on where you can get A'Kin Pure Rose Hydrating Mist FREE with any 2 purchases of A'Kin - check out my review of this product here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)