Thursday 22 December 2011

Festive Fruit Loaf from Bakestone


Just in time for the festive season, Bakestone have introduced the new Festive Fruit Loaf. Boasting a tasty combination of ingredients including currants, orange and lemon peel and cinnamon, this is definately worth adding to your shopping list!

The Bakestone Festive Fruit Loaf has been developed by Bakestone in collaboration with the baker's tasting panel 'The Bakers Dozen', a carefully selected mix of experts including celebrities, bloggers and food journalists.




I was recently sent some of this to try and as always, wasted no time getting stuck in. 


My partner was the first to try, and he smothered it in butter...the fact that he went back for more told me all I needed to know!
As I don't like butter/marg, I tried a slice dry. The loaf was nice and soft with just the right moistness, and it sliced easily without tearing. The amount of fruit and flavouring was just right and they complimented each other perfectly, making for a very tasty treat indeed. 
After trying dry, I tried a slice with a thin spread of Lemon Curd which in my opinion, was absolutely delicious and went really well with the festive loaf.
My kids were pretty impressed too and loved it whether it be buttered, plain, toasted or untoasted!


Available from B&M stores, and for only 99p you really can't go wrong!


For more information visit http://www.ilovebread.com/. You can also 'like' Bakestone Bread on Facebook or follow Mr Bakestone on twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)