Tuesday 14 August 2012

Tesco Bakery - Cookies


BzzAgents are everyday people like you and me who love trying new products and telling the world how good or bad they are! I've been lucky enough to receive some fantastic testing products in return for my honest opinions and this time, it's cookies! Not just any old cookies, these are Tesco Bakery cookies with their new, improved flavour.

With my 'free pack' voucher, I promptly headed to my local Tesco (frog-marched by my other half) in order to swap it for some tasty Tesco Bakery cookies. We used to have a large Tesco in the area but it's been knocked down and replaced with a much smaller one ...maybe this is why there were only 2 of the 6 available flavours! Never mind, I still wouldn't pass up on the chance to try these.

The flavours available are...
Triple chocolate – loaded with Belgian milk, dark and white chocolate pieces
Milk chocolate – lots of Belgian milk choc pieces
Belgian chocolate – lots of Belgian dark choc pieces
Cranberry and white chocolate – crammed with fruit and creamy chocolate
Oat and Raisin – lightly spiced and full of juicy raisins
Fruit, choc and nut – a yummy combination of juicy raisins, milk choc and hazelnuts

Tesco Bakery Cookies - Milk Chocolate
As you can probably guess by the pic, I opted for the Milk Chocolate cookies ...it was either these or Cranberry and White Chocolate.
I got these with a free voucher provided by BzzAgent but each pack of 4 cookies costs £1.50 from Tesco.

Large cookies with plenty of chocolate
Each cookie is very generously sized and has a large helping of your chosen flavour ...in this case, pure, unadulterated chocolate! Yummy!!

I'm a regular buyer of cookies but this is the first time i've ever tried them from the new improved Tesco Bakery and I have to say, I was really impressed!

Nice thickness
The cookies are relatively soft which gives them a nice texture and they won't snap your teeth unlike some other cookies. There are fairly large chocolate chunks both on and inside the cookie making each mouthful as tasty as the last. My kids were particularly impressed with how much taste they had and my other half, who is very fussy about the chocolate he eats, said the chocolate tasted fantastic and he loved the consistency!
Being a family of 4, the bag size was spot on and due to the sheer size of each cookie, 1 each was plenty!

On my next visit to Tesco, I plan to buy the White Chocolate and Cranberry cookies so keep an eye open for my review on those.

Overall these were loved by my whole household ...which is a rarity to say the least, so they've now been added to my weekly shop. Try them for yourself and let me know what you think, i'm sure you'll be as impressed as I am!

Find out more about Tesco Bakery here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)