Wednesday 26 March 2014

Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum


I was very lucky to receive a bottle of Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum for sensitive skin in return for an honest review.

The serum is highly concentrated in Avene Thermal Spring Water which is said to be soothing and anti-irritating which has been demonstrated by numerous scientific studies. It contains Glycerin offering superior moisturising suppleness and comfort.


 It comes in a glass bottle with a pump action top making it very easy to get the right amount first time.


Sorry my picture isn't too clear but i'm hoping you can just about make out the little hole where the serum is pumped from.

One pump dispenses a small amount of serum ....I personally used around 2-3 pumps to get a good coverage!

Amount released after 1 pump
The Avene serum is extremely light in texture and felt very refreshing when smeared over my skin. My skin is usually really dry and tightens after washing causing discomfort. I immediately felt relief after application of the serum and it didn't feel heavy in the slightest. The recommendations are to use this twice daily after cleansing, then leave for a few minutes before applying day/night cream. My skin had a lovely velvety feel after use and once my regualr day cream was applied, I had the perfect make-up base. I often re-apply moisturiser throughout the day to help calm my skin, but with the serum, I found that I really didn't need to as it provided all day comfort and protection. I've been using this for a couple of weeks now, and although my skin is quite sensitive, I haven't noticed any irritation or allergy marks so would definitely give it the thumbs up!

Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum comes in a 30ml bottle and is currently available for the superb price of £12.75 (RRP £17.00) from Escentual as they currently have 1/3 off French Pharmacy brands throughout March. ....so grab yours quick!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)