Sunday 31 May 2015

Vintage FNUG Natural Nail Polish from My Pure


I received a bottle of FNUG Natural Nail Polish free of charge from My Pure, in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

FNUG natural nail polishes are fast becoming one of my favourite brands. Not only are they hard-wearing and easy to apply, but the ever expanding range of colours keeps them exciting and modern.
I have tried a few of these polishes now, and each one has impressed me with the depth of colour which can be achieved with only one coat. Some will require two coats, but that's pretty much dependent on the colour of choice.

For this review, I chose the Vintage nail polish as I really love dark colours and find they can look classy on any length of nails ...which is great as mine are struggling to get any length at the minute!


Now, I have mentioned before that I am far from being an expert at applying nail polish so I do apologize for these looking a bit slap dash! I did take my time but often find that the darker the shade, the more mess I tend to make. The main problem I had, was that I chose a reasonably warm day to paint my nails and as I'm not the quickest, it was drying faster than I could apply it which is why some areas appear darker than others. I really love the 'cherry red' colour of the lighter parts, but I equally love the darker shade which is what I was trying to achieve. The brush is a lovely size and covers around half of my larger nails with one swoop, but as I went back to re-dip, the varnish had already partially dried resulting in the slightly streaky effect. I did give it a second coat and tidy up the edges, but by this point I had nail polish up my arms and everywhere so forgot to take some pics!

Never one to give up, I removed all the polish and proceeded to try again - this time on a cooler day! Success!! The colour glided on lovely and after only one coat, I was satisfied that I had the perfect colour ....


It's a bit difficult to see by my pic (I'm not a photographer either), but one coat provided a gorgeously deep burgundy colour which was uber shiny and extremely flattering.
My daughters were also huge fans of this colour so think this may be one I'll have to hide!
Although FNUG nail polishes are chip resistant, I still only manage to get a few days wear before having to remove and reapply, but this is more down to the amount of dishes and household chores I end up doing rather than the polish not being much good. My daughters lasted for just over a week before they noticed any signs of chipping so it's definitely dependent on lifestyle. My nails always feel stronger and more conditioned during and after using FNUG, due to the added silica and vitamins.

Another gorgeous colour which will flatter nails of any length!

FNUG Natural Nail Polish in Vintage, is available to buy from My Pure at a cost of £12.00 for an 8.5ml bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)