Thursday 13 August 2015

Critical Hit-On (The Games of Love Book 1) by Deanna Dee


I received a copy of Critical Hit-On (The Games of Love Book 1) free of charge from the author, in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

It's not often I go for chick-lit or romance books but the blurb for this really piqued my interest and I'm so pleased I got the chance to read it!

It's based around two main characters, Molly and Craig, and their chance meeting in A's where Molly works as a waitress. Her last relationship with Ward ended badly, and she has serious trust issues when it comes to men ....especially gamers! Craig on the other hand has his own problems, the biggest of which being his unruly 15 year old sister, Amber.
Craig and Molly meet when he and some friends visit A's to have a gaming session and Molly is the waitress assigned to their table. There is an immediate mutual attraction, but it takes Mollys' good friend Nikki (who's character I really loved), to step in and set them up on their first date.

It doesn't take long before Molly begins to feel comfortable with Craig and she gets on pretty well with his group of friends too. She actually starts to believe that they really could be going somewhere, that is until Ward rears his ugly head. Doubts form in Mollys mind and it's not long before life becomes a bit of a rollercoaster full of mixed emotions. Will they get through it all or is it about to be ruined by outside forces? You'll have to read it to find out!

Although each chapter in this book continues the story from where the last chapter ended, they alternate between the characters so you get it from both Molly and Craigs perspective - something I really loved! You're drawn in from the very first chapter in what I'd class as a very light-hearted geeky romance story with a few twists along the way. Deanna has written this so well that you're carried along for the ride and feel the passion and pain of the characters. I really wanted to give them both a swift kick up the backside at various points of the story and let out more than a few loud giggles at some of the quips and one-liners. Nikki, who is Mollys best friend was by far my favourite character. Her feistiness, strong-will and common sense made her loveable and at times, hilariously funny ......my kinda gal! There are other characters in the book who you learn a little about and I'm hoping to find out more about them in book 2 - which I can't wait for!

Overall a great summer read and definitely recommended if you're looking for something well rounded, fun and light-hearted with a hint of geeky romance.

Purchase your copy now on Amazon.co.uk for only 99p (Kindle Edition)
For those in the US you can buy from Amazon.com for $1.54 (Kindle Edition)
All prices correct at time of post

Check out Deanna Dees' Blog 
Follow Deanna on Twitter
Like Deanna on Facebook

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the awesome review! So glad you enjoyed the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, I really loved it and thank you for giving me the opportunity to read it! :)

      Delete

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)