Wednesday 19 August 2015

INIKA Truly Organic Ultimate Lip Balm


I was sent Inika Truly Organic Ultimate Lip Balm free of charge from My Pure, in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

I love my lip balms and find myself relying on them more and more no matter what season it is. My lips always seem to suffer dryness making them uncomfortable on occasions, so lip balm is something I always carry with me ....my one essential item! When I noticed this on the My Pure website and read the ingredients, it sounded perfect.


It's the small things in life that please me and I have to say that I did smile a little when I opened the box to see this written inside. Nice little touch I thought.

The balm itself is a certified organic, vegan lip balm said to leave lips soft, smooth and nourished.

It contains:
Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) oil*, Euphorbia cerifera (Candelilla) wax, Ricinus communis (Castor) oil*, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil*, Copernicia cerifera (Carnauba) wax*, Theobroma cacoa (Shea) butter*, Mentha piperita Peppermint) oil*, Vanilla flavour*, Tocopherol.
*Certified Ingredient


This comes in a lovely lightweight slender black tube which I really liked, although I always keep it in the box when carrying with me as I'm a little worried that it would be easily broken. The balm itself is a lovely creamy colour, which is a good representation of the texture too. You simply twist the handle to expose the balm then glide over lips. Twist in the opposite direction to retract the balm and keep it safe for its next use.

The first time I applied this balm, I could feel immediately how soft my lips became and although I braced myself for that all familiar taste that usually comes with organic lip products, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. There was still a very slight hint of it, but there was also a hint of peppermint which pretty much overpowered it ....perfect! The balm gives lips a nice sheen but doesn't leave them sticky like many others and for me, my lips appeared to look 'younger' if that's possible. Maybe it's just because they were well nourished for a change but I definitely noticed a difference. Being a proper tea monster, I've worked out that I can have 3 or 4 cuppas before needing to reapply the balm, which is pretty good going as most wash it off after only 1!

Overall, I am really impressed with this product, and although a little pricey, it's worth it for the benefits. One quick glide over each lip is sufficient for good coverage so the tube should last a fair while.

You can purchase INIKA Truly Organic Ultimate Lip Balm from My Pure at a cost of £15.50 for a 3.2g tube.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)