Tuesday 12 January 2016

Alva Organic Creamy Collection Lipstick from My Pure


I received Alva Organic Creamy Collection Lipstick free of charge from My Pure, in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

It's not very often I buy lipsticks because there are so many colours etc to choose from, it causes me great confusion. I'm a huge fan of reds and deeper colours but thought I'd opt for something a little lighter for day wear ...just for a change!
This Alva lippy is available in 4 different colours, Brick Red, Burnt Orange, Naked Pink and Purple Haze ...

   Brick Red     Burnt Orange    Naked Pink     Purple Haze


After much deliberation, I opted for the Naked Pink ....


As you can see, it's quite pale in colour and has a slight shimmer to it which I absolutely loved. The packaging is kept simple and usable, so there's no harming the environment. These lippys are certified as organic and vegan and they contain anti-ageing ingredients as well as being suitable for sensitive skin - something I occasionally suffer from!
Now, the first thing I noticed about this is that it doesn't have a smell! Many vegan/organic lippys tend to have a very distinct smell which also makes them taste a bit yucky, however these are just like any other quality lippy and a pleasure to wear. The lippy glides smoothly over lips giving just the right amount of coverage whilst making lips feel moisturised and uber sexy .....


My pic isn't too clear but I hope you manage to get the effect of the shimmer! The colour is so pretty and looks exactly like it does in the tube which really surprised me. One coat was all I applied and this managed to last through a couple of cuppas before needing to be reapplied. I was fairly impressed by its staying power. Once you've applied your lippy, give it a quick dusting with powder and reapply for extra staying power - this way managed to last most of the day! I also like to apply a thin layer of Vaseline which helps keep my lips soft as well as give it extra shine. This also helped to enhance that gorgeous shimmer.

Overall I would definitely recommend this product and look forward to trying out the other colours available.

Alva Organic Creamy Collection Lipstick costs £12.03 (currently on offer from £14.15) and is available to buy from My Pure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)