Thursday, 24 September 2015

Nail polishes to avoid at all costs!!

Whilst out the other week, I came across this little set of nail polishes in my local Savers and simply couldn't resist shelling out the £1.99.

As you can see, it contains 12 small bottle of polish in various shades and comes in this handy little decorative plastic pack. I'm a HUGE fan of all things nails and am building up quite a collection which I take any given opportunity in adding to. I did consider grabbing a couple of these, as I figured they'd be ideal as Christmas stocking fillers (sorry for swearing!), but in hindsight, I'm really glad I didn't!

These polishes have the most toxic, disgusting strong odour I have ever had the misfortune of smelling and many of the pots were unusable due to the polish having set in the bottles and being uber thick and gloopy good at all! They do come with a warning in tiny print stating that they are unsuitable for use by under 14's and I can see why!!

This was one of the worst in the pack and refused to spread despite adding a tiny bit of nail varnish remover to try and thin it out a bit - very disappointing!

If you're looking for nail polish sets to give as gifts, then I strongly suggest that you give this one a miss because despite it being cheap, it's also unusable, and like I mentioned earlier, the smell is so overwhelming it will have you coughing & wretching for ages!


  1. Thanks for the warning!! My 12 yr old daughter is mad for things like this ...we shall steer clear of them.

    1. No worries! It's not often I can't find anything good in a product but this, it really does beggar belief!


I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)