Saturday 7 August 2010

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion

I have been accepted on to the AVEENO® Discoverer Programme, helping to spread the word about AVEENO® products. I get sent free AVEENO® samples and have the possibility of being rewarded with additional benefits.

Aveeno Skin Relief Moisturising Lotion: Contains Triple Oat Complex and immediately relieves and nourishs extra dry and irritable skin. Moisturises for 24 hours and soothes on contact leaving skin looking and feeling smooth, healthy and soft. Fragrance free.

Again, these are the claims on the tube, now find out my opinion......


MY OPINION: When I received this and read the tube I immediately thought wow, they've read my mind and made a cream just for me!
So, with high expectaitions and a desperation to see if this worked, I promptly jumped in the bath so I could have a 10 minute soak before applying. I have to say, I don't like applying moisturiser to stubbly legs, so ended up shaving them first - the lotion was about to undertake its first test!
Normally, I make the mistake of applying moisturiser after shaving and and end up jumping round like a headless chicken...those of you who've tried this will know that it really flippin hurts, but I was quite hopeful that this would be different, and it was.....HOORAY!! No pain at all, in fact, it stopped the slight burning sensation which occurred from over drying my legs on a rough towel!

Unlike the Daily Moisturising Lotion, although this did absorb quickly, it still left a slight afterfeel so I knew it was there....full points so far. Immediately my legs felt smooth as a baby's butt - which really is saying something, and they weren't sore, itchy or painful in any way.
Throughout the day, I felt no need to reapply as this really was working like magic and the next morning even my other half commented on how smooth I was....and that was only after 1 application!!
I won't lie here, although unperfumed, it does have a very slight smell which I really don't like and i'm at a loss for words on how I could describe it to you......but don't let that put you off as it only lasts whilst you're applying it and wares off soon after.
After continued use, my skin has a new lease of life so 10 out of 10 from me!
I also have a male freind trying this for me so will post his comments when i've spoken to him.

Feel free to check out the Aveeno website for more information and click here for details of where to buy all Aveeno products reviewed on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)