Saturday 5 March 2011

Braun Silk-épil 7 Dual Epilator

It's no secret that I absolutely LOVE trying out new products and sharing my findings with you on here...good or bad, so I was thrilled when I was asked to review the new Braun Silk-épil 7 Dual Epilator as part of a BzzCampaign. As a BzzAgent, I am sometimes lucky enough to receive samples of products from them in return for honest reviews and helping spread the word. On this occasion, I have been asked to try the Braun epilator which I am absolutely thrilled about as i've always wanted to have a go at epilation but funding (or lack of) has always prevented me.
Okay, here's what I received....


Also included were 3 spare blade heads and 3 spare smoothing caps which I forgot to include in the pic - Oops!! As you can see, I received the epilator and a tin of Gillette Satin Care Shave Gel for use in the bath or shower.



Included in the box were the epilator (left), a charging stand (top middle), a cap for sensitive areas (2nd top middle), an epilation cap (2nd bottom middle), a cleaning brush (bottom middle) and a charger (right).
The first thing you may notice is the plug...it only has 2 prongs unlike our standard UK sockets which have 3! I ran around in panic looking for and adapter and luckily my other half has one for his razor so I erm...borrowed it!
Okay, now for a bit of info. The Braun Silk-épil 7 Dual Epilator is so versatile it can be used wet or dry, it has 40 tweezers all working away removing hairs as small as 0.5mm from the root...impressed yet? I know I was! The epilator itself comes with Gillette Venus Technology, so the 2 combined give you fantastic results and a smoothness that lasts. The head on the epilator pivots so it glides with ease over the contours of your skin and doesn't drag it.
Well. i'm what you could call an 'epilation virgin' my usual method of hair removal being shaving. A few days after my epilator arrived, I noticed that the hairs on my legs were pretty much ready for the chop.....no time like the present I thought! Being a bit of a softy, I decided to run myself a nice hot bath and use the epilator in there with the shaving gel....wise move in hindsight. It is suggested that you relax for around 5 minutes to help get the hairs standing up...I didn't even realise the hairs did that until I checked lol Anyway, this was it, i'd had the epilator charging for about an hour and it was ready, but was I?
Of course I was! I lathered up my leg and picked up the epilator...with slight hesitation, I turned it on. Blimey, it was a little louder than expected and had a small light which glowed on the front, perfect so you can see exactly what you're doing. I started from the bottom of my leg working my way up.....slowly. I won't say that it didn't hurt because it certainly did. I can honestly say that I could feel each hair being plucked from my leg.....but that meant it worked!! Once i'd finished the first leg, I took a small break before doing the second and yes, it still hurt. Despite the pain, which could be due to the fact that it was my first time epilating ever, I was really pleased with the results. My legs were left feeling silky smooth and once I applied some moisturiser, the discomfort vanished. It is advised that you epilate at night time as tiny red dots appear on the skin where the hairs have been pulled from, but they disappear quickly enough.
All in all i'm impressed so far. It's recommended that I use it once a week for the next 4 weeks the reduce use after that, so I will do just that! Stay tuned for my next update!

1 comment:

  1. Hi..Sassyele..I was looking for some reviews on braun epilators and came across your post..U got epilator for sample..OMG..Wow wow..lucky you..How can i get one for myself..I am located in India..

    ReplyDelete

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)