Monday 9 May 2011

The Avenger - P.C. Cast

There are a selection of 4 books available as part of the 'Time Raiders' series from Mills and Boon Nocturne, and this is one of them! I was lucky enough to win this from Mills and Boon on twitter and although I haven't been asked to review it, I would feel too guilty keeping it all to myself!
The books available are The Seeker - Lindsay McKenna, The Slayer - Cindy Dees, The Avenger - P.C. Cast and The Protector - Merline Lovelace. As you can see, the book I won is The Avenger and blimey, it nearly blew my socks off!!
This novel focuses on one leading character, Alex, who has the task of travelling back in time to the days of Queen Boudica, and recovering a piece of medallion which the queen was given by her husband upon his death bed. Sounds like a pretty simple task, but there are many complications along the way. In the present day Alex is able to talk with the dead, but hasn't yet learnt to control her powers....something she will later surprise herself with.
When the time comes for Alex to make her journey through time, she has only one thing in mind......get the medallion and return home to the present day. Nothing could have prepared her for what she was about to experience.
From her arrival in the past, she was known as Blonwen, priestess of Andraste and posessed powers unknown even to her. As Blonwen, she meets Queen Boudica's main man Caradoc, who is everything she'd ever dreamed of...and more! Not only is he a man of war, but intelligent, good looking and with hidden depths that she was more than willing to explore. Things soon begin to get complicated when, as Queen Boudica prepares for war, Blonwen (Alex) prepares to gain posession of the medallion.
I'm sorry to disappoint you here, but since I don't want to ruin your enjoyment of it, you're going to have to read it to find out the rest!!

This is the first and only novel I have read in the series and it was not only read within a day (I coudn't put it down), but it left me wanting more! Apart from being absolutely fantastically written, I learned alot about history that I didn't already know...they say you learn something new every day, well I certainly did! I can't boast about this enough, it's a fantastic read which has history, intrigue, passion, love, hate.....you name it, it's there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)