Saturday 28 May 2011

New Ribena Sparkling

I'm sure many of you are fans of Ribena, I know I am! It's the one drink that was bought for me as a child when I was feeling ill. Made with real blackcurrants and containing vitamin C, it was perfect for helping me on the road to recovery and when I had a cold, that's when it came hot.....mmmmm!
Anyway, I recently received a couple of bottles of New Ribena Sparkling to try. They come in traditional Blackcurrant and a new flavour that has been added to the range....Raspberry!!

I received 2 of each bottle after contacting Ribena via their Twitter page. If you're on twitter, pop along and give 'em a follow.
Anyway, since I already know how much I love Blacurrant Ribena, I went with the safe option and tried this first. As expected, it had the same great taste but with added fizz which gave it a really nice kick. My kids didn't need asking twice, they were straight in there...greedy monkeys! It took a good 10 minutes of 'kid chasing' to get it back too, so a double thumbs up from them! My other half is a little more fussy when it comes to fizzy drinks, especially since he loves still Ribena, and being a little set in his ways, he was reluctant to try it at first, but blimey, when he did he almost guzzled the lot!! YEY....10 out of 10 all round for this one.
Next to try was the new Raspberry flavour. This had mixed reactions in our house with us divided straight down the middle. I personally, love raspberry flavoured things but was slightly unsure about trying it in drink form. I needn't have worried, it tasted absolutely gorgeous. You could certainly pick out the distinct raspberry flavour and it tickled the tastebuds perfectly. I found this to be extremely refreshing and pleasing to drink...especially when chilled. My oldest daughter said that she loved the fruitiness of it but my youngest wasn't so keen. My partner, who doesn't like raspberry anyway, also decided that it wasn't for him.

I guess it's all down to personal taste on this one. If you love fruity drinks with an extra kick, then New Ribena Sparkling could be just what you're looking for and for that 'little bit of something different' i'd opt for the Raspberry flavour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)