Tuesday 23 April 2013

PosturePlast


As regular readers of my blog will know, i've recently been trying new PosturePlast which helps alleviate lower back pain.

I've suffered lower back pain for the last 18 years ...since my first daughter was born, and despite trying several remedies, i'm yet to find something that makes a noticeable difference. When the opportunity came up to put PosturePlast to the test, I jumped at the chance.

Each PosturePlast comes individually wrapped for hygiene purposes...

1 PosturePlast in wrapper
There are a small amount of instructions on the packet with a diagram showing exactly where and how to apply the PosturePlast...

Instructions & Diagram
Once inside the wrapper, this is what you get .....

Plaster
Easy pull apart to remove backing paper
On each of the 4 corners, there's an extra small bit of padding ....

Extra padded bits on corners
The PosturePlast is just like an over-sized, cross shaped plaster but it has hard plastic strips which run almost the length of it ....these are what helps give support where needed ....

Firm strips for support
For the purpose of this test, I did attempt to attach the PosturePlast myself just to see how easy/difficult it was. The hardest part was the positioning ....I had to judge by feel as I couldn't see, but once I had it in place, it was really easy to remove the backing paper, once sheet at a time. I then smoothed my hands over my back to ensure that it was all stuck in place with no worry of it peeling back.

Immediately, there was a noticeable difference in my posture. As with any normal day, I proceeded with my daily chores and couldn't help but notice how differently I moved. Even bending down was done in such a way that there was very little pressure on my back ....and it wasn't intentional either, you just can't help but adjust your movements.

I was quite surprised at how comfortable PosturePlast was to wear and there was no fear of it being seen through my clothes either ...another small worry of mine! I wore it for a whole day and it provided more than 24 hours of back relief.

The most difficult part was the removal afterwards! PosturePlast sticks really well so you have to kind of peel it off with care. There's no way i'd have allowed my other half the pleasure of removing it, so I did it myself and it was alot harder that putting it on. A bath/shower is highly recommended too as I went straight to bed and woke up the next morning with an almost black back where the fluff from my nightie had stuck in a cross shape on my back .....this really wasn't a good look!!

Overall I was really impressed with PosturePlast and felt that it really did make a difference. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and will certainly be continuing my use of them.

PosturePlast are available to buy from Boots.com and come in packs of 4 for £11.52 or packs of 10 for £23.20.

Don't forget to check out my previous post for details on how you can win a years supply of PosturePlast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)