Monday 18 November 2013

John Cotton Christmas Bed Bundle



Established in 1916, family-owned John Cotton manufacturers a wide range of pillows, duvets and mattress protectors. It's brands include Slumberdown and Snuggledown and I have been lucky enough to receive the John Cotton Christmas Bed Bundle free of charge, in return for an honest review.


My new double bed bundle arrived safe and sound and securely wrapped in a black bag. I have to say that I was pretty impressed with how this looked when I removed the packaging, especially the lovely Christmassy colour. I found it really hard to believe that inside was, (according to the label), a 13.5 tog duvet, 2 pillows, 2 pillow protectors & a mattress protector .....and yes, they were all bundled into this one compact bag!!

It actually took both myself and my other half several minutes and a lot of wrestling to remove the contents .....believe me when I say it was no easy task but we did have a much needed giggle! Despite the struggle, there lay a lovely brand new duvet and everything else that was promised.


Everything was a little flat when we first unpacked it, but we laid it over our bed and within a couple of hours, it had all plumped up lovely.

Duvet all nicely plumped
pillow plumped and welcoming
One thing I did notice was that my old duvet only had the occasional stitch to hold everything in place, but this one has been stitched the full length of the duvet at various intervals to make sure all the polyester stays where it ought to be ......


Although this is advertised as a 'guest' set, I obviously had to give it a thorough test so it has been on my bed for a week now and I am absolutely loving it! Being 13.5 tog and made from polyester, it is exceptionally warm, especially on these freezing cold nights we've been having lately. The pillows are so heavenly that my my head just sank into the middle and that was me comfy enough for immediate shut-eye. As for the duvet, it was so snug that I didn't want to leave my bed. Despite it being so plumped up and big, it's not weighty in the slightest, unlike my old duvet which used to feel like it was squashing me into the bed.

Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a new duvet set for guests over the festive period as it has everything you could possibly need!
At the moment, Argos have these on offer at half price, so there's never been a better time to buy and they're available in ....
Single for £14.99 (was £29.99)
Double for £19.99 (was £39.99)
King Size for £24.99 (was £49.99)

All prices correct at time of post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)