Thursday 5 November 2015

Body Jewellery Shop



I was recently sent 3 items of jewellery from the Body Jewellery Shop free of charge, in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

As they have some amazing Ear-piercing jewellery, my first choice was these very sweet Surgical Steel Heart Ear Studs - USA which I simply couldn't resist ....


These arrived in a little clear sealed bag for hygiene reasons and I have to say, I personally think they're adorable! The fact that they're made from high quality stainless steel also means that they won't agitate ears or cause any irritation. Even better is that they only cost £3.95 which in my opinion, is an absolute bargain, and that's for the pair.

My second choice was this really pretty Fake Plug Rose Earring  ......

Front of earring

Back of earring
These are actually sold as one so if you're looking for a pair, don't forget to order 2! Again, they are made from surgical steel so won't irritate the ear in any way and they can be worn in any ear-piercing comfortably. The rose, which I absolutely adore, is around 7mm in width and the detail is very intricate making this a must-have for anyone who loves flowers/roses. The stem of the earring is around 1.2mm (16 gauge) in thickness and it's 4mm in length. The back of this earring is flat, unlike the standard butterfly fastener which can be slightly fiddly to twist on once the earring is in place, but for me, I found it so much more comfortable to wear and it didn't get caught on my scarf or tangled in my hair - which does happen occasionally! You can purchase this for only £3.95.


Above, I'm wearing the heart stud in my lower piercing and the rose in my second piercing and I have to say, I think they look pretty neat!

The last item I chose for review was the Ball Closure Ring & Clip In Accessory Bonus Pack .....


This is where I made my first and only mistake! I'm not exceptionally well clued up when it comes to what's available for piercings and really should have checked the thickness of this first. It is 3.2mm (8 gauge) which I personally found too thick to fit through my piercings. I tried to get it to go through my ears and when it wouldn't, I tried in my naval but sadly, it wouldn't fit in either!


As you can see, with this pack you get the ring and 5 interchangeable coloured clip-in balls in pink, green, dark blue, light blue and black. The idea is that you simply press the ball out of the ring and replace it with the colour of your choice. This isn't quite as easy as it sounds! When new, the ball closure ring can be a bit stiff and I found that using my fingers alone, I couldn't budge the ball no matter how hard I tried. I did end up  getting a small tool to try and expand the ring enough to get the ball to pop out. After a few attempts, this worked a treat!


This is suitable for various piercings including virtually any ear-piercing and also nose-piercing. As I mentioned, I tried it in my naval and would say that if it fits for you, then it would look really stunning worn here, although this isn't listed on their website. The internal diameter is 14mm and the ball size is 6mm and like most of the jewellery sold on this site, it's made from surgical steel. Five different looks are achievable with this and all for only £4.50.

Overall I would highly recommend the Body Jewellery Shop for several reasons. Firstly, they have extremely competitive prices, secondly, all jewellery is made from surgical steel so you can rest assured that there will be no irritation, thirdly and most importantly, they have such an extensive range of products that you really will be spoilt for choice and on top of all that, they cater for all body piercings so there really is something for everyone! Go check them out and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)