Thursday 5 November 2015

Lavender Mini Pot Candle from Amphora Aromatics



I received a Lavender Mini Pot Candle free of charge from Amphora Aromatics, in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

Although I really love candles, I often struggle with them as the 'dancing' flame tends to knock me a bit bandy - I've had some pretty hairy moments during Christmas carol services!
However, the older I'm getting, the more bearable they've become and with some really interesting aromas hitting the market in the last few years, I couldn't wait to give them a try.


I was sent a Lavender candle and as they're all made using pure essential oils and 100% natural plant wax, I had really high hopes. The candles are fairly small but are guaranteed to last around 20 hours. There are also larger candles available which last up to 40 hours but the smaller ones are great to try out until you find a fragrance you like since there are a whopping 16 varieties to choose from! The candle itself is ivory in colour and comes in an attractive recycled glass pot so should fit perfectly with any decor.


The candle lit without too much trouble, I sometimes struggle getting the wick to light first time, and gave off a lovely warm glow. Although I could smell the lavender before lighting, I didn't really notice it much once lit. There was a gentle fragrance but I'd probably have liked it to smell a wee bit stronger.  Despite not smelling very strong, it did make myself and my daughters feel very relaxed whilst we settled to watch a dvd and I was pretty close to nodding off ....and not because the movie was rubbish! lol

Overall these make really lovely gifts and are so attractive too but I'd still have liked the smell to be a bit more noticeable. They cost £5.50 for the smaller 20 hour candles and as I mentioned earlier, they come in 16 varieties so there's something to suit all tastes.
Check out Amphora Aromatics for the whole range and check out some of their other amazing products too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)