Wednesday 11 November 2015

Fresh Fish from Tesco


I was recently sent a voucher to exchange for some fresh fish from Tesco at a small cost, in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

I was really pleased to be accepted as part of this campaign for Tesco and promptly took myself off to my nearest store when I received a £4 voucher off any fresh fish. I decided to head straight for the fishmonger as although I knew I wanted smoked cod, I had no idea how to cook it etc so some advice was needed.

The fishmonger kindly wrapped me a nice piece of smoked cod which cost just over £5 and after I asked, he also told me that the best way to cook it was to place it in a dish, cover with milk and cook in the oven for around 20 minutes on Gas mark 6. He said that I'd 'know' when it was done and said that he'd see me again in a couple of weeks! When I shot him a look, he replied with "I just know you'll be back once you've tried it" - now there's confidence for you!

We did exactly as instructed and I have to say that the results were amazing! The cod cooked to perfection meaning that it just melted in the mouth but had a really good flavour to it. As I'm not a huge fish lover, my partner scored for this, although I did give it a little try and the fish really was rather lovely. He opted to team it with potatoes and peas to keep it simple and then poured the milk which coated the cod during cooking, over his meal.



I have to say that I was really impressed with the overall experience and was extremely grateful to have such a knowledgeable fishmonger to help keep me on the right tracks. There are loads of other fresh fish options available so the possibilities are endless if you're willing to try something a little different. All the fish is really fresh and the cuts are spot on! Pop along to your local Tesco and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)