Saturday 4 July 2015

The Prodigal by Nicky Black

Now available to buy is the fantastic gripping new crime novel The Prodigal by Nicky Black.


I was lucky enough to receive a copy free of charge, in return for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

After many years away, Detective Sergeant Lee Jamieson is about to return to Valley Park in Newcastle where he grew up, to help tackle crime in the local area and to meet his daughter for the very first time. 
Life in Valley Park has been on the decline over recent years, with the area vast becoming a bit of a crime capital. It's not helped by the unemployment rate and unruly kids out pinching cars night after night, which is a far cry from how Lee remembered it all. Keen to help put the hard men behind bars, rid the streets of drugs and generally make Valley Park a place worth living in again, Lee embarks on the seemingly impossible task of clearing out the trash. 

When he unexpectedly falls for the wife of local hard man Micky Kelly, things begin to take a sinister twist. An uncooperative work force with out dated ideas, means that Lee has to come up with a new strategy, and fast! Every lead appears to be hampered until he gets the information he so desperately needs - but will this risk the lives of those he loves?

I really don't want to give away any more of the storyline, all I can say is that I tip this to be a big selling hit for 2015 and you really ought to get out there and buy it!!

I had only read the odd excerpt before reading The Prodigal in full, so only had a very small idea of what to expect. A few pages into the first chapter, and I knew this book already had me gripped. 
The Prodigal is exceptionally well written and the characters are so well described that you actually live the story with them. Their hurt, pain and joy can all be felt by the reader, so be prepared for giggles, repulsion and even maybe a few tears along the way. The dialogue is spot on and the essence of Tyneside has been captured to a tee making the story a believable one. There are several unexpected twists which keep you gripped and desperate to find out what happens next. 
The ending wasn't quite what I expected, but for me I preferred this as it was unpredictable and kept me guessing all the way. 

I cannot thank Nicky enough for allowing me to read The Prodigal, I thoroughly enjoyed it and plan to shout about it to everyone I know! I wish Nicky every success and look forward to her next novel with great anticipation.

Go grab your copy now from Amazon.co.uk for only 99p - you really can't go wrong for that and it is a fantastic read!!
Follow Nicky Black on Twitter and Like her Facebook page for more info and further updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd be so happy if you could leave a comment telling me what you think...good or bad, thankyou :-)